With a side of opinions about friendships, love, where to live and hearing uniqueness. Click for video:
Here are some resources. None of the books below are perfect, but they are a start:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie – Good as audiobook, best of a kind, really outdated tone and examples, but still useful.
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No, to Take Control of your Life, by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend – For Everyone.
- When the Brain Can’t Hear, by Teri James Ellis, Ph.D. – About Auditory Processing Issues (CAPD or APD)
- It’s So Much Work to Be Your Friend: Helping the Child with Learning Disabilities Find Social Success, by Richard Lavoie – Useful, but not strengths focused, explains timing and staging, and I hate the disabilities framework. – written for kids but can be generalized as needed
- The Unwritten Rules of Friendship: Simple Strategies to Help Your Child Make Friends by Natalie Madorsky Elman , Eileen Kennedy-Moore – written for kids but can be generalized as needed
All questions and comments are welcome!
Yes, even yours, even if it is awkward sounding in your head.
Response rate will vary, but interaction is appreciated.